Thursday, September 6, 2007

I wish that I knew what I know now...

So I've been at the library for about two months now, and as such, there are some life/work lessons that I'd like to impart to anyone who should stumble upon this...
Here's some of what I've learned.

-"Because I have a Master's degree in SCIENCE!" is not a valid excuse for making up answers to reference questions. Also, it is not true.

-The shelvers do not need roller skates.

-If I refer to them as my "Go to hell" shorts, they are probably not work appropriate.

-On a related wardrobe note: if asked what I'm wearing under my kilt, the only appropriate answer is "my sandals." Inappropriate answers include, but are not limited to: "nothing's worn, it's all in perfect working order," "look it up in the 611's," "ask your mother" and yelling "freedom!" at the top of my lungs.

-I will not hide in the book drop.

-The wands are for circulation purposes, not for waving at the patrons and muttering "silencio."

-Do not book talk Proust, not because it's long, but because: a. I haven't read it and b. 8 year-olds don't care.

-Even if I bring a guitar, "Albi, the Racist Dragon" won't fly in storytime.

No comments: